If your wondering how to care for your jewelry, heres what you should know!
- CVM Jewelry uses 18K gold plated over brass, stainless steel & sterling silver. On top of the 18K plating, an extra layer of tarnish resistance (electrodeposition coating, AKA E-coating) is added to extend the life span of the jewelry.
- Always spray perfume or other body sprays before putting on the jewelry
- Wait until your lotion/cream is absorbed in your skin before wearing the jewelry
Substances like oil, nail polish, nail polish remover, chlorine, and perfume may react with metal/plated jewelry and can cause it to tarnish easily. Sweating can also affect the lifespan of your jewelry so make sure you remove before exercising!
- Use a cotton ball or a very soft cloth to remove any dust, or dirt- Gently rubbing the surface can restore its shine.
- If the jewelry requires additional cleaning you may use a soft cloth and warm soapy water. Avoid antibacterial soaps as they may have chemicals that can cause the jewelry to tarnish quicker.
- Let the jewelry soak for a few minutes then gently rub, rinse and pat to dry
- 18K GP over stainless steel & sterling silver has a lifespan of approx. 2 years
- 18K GP over brass has a lifespan of 6-8 months